A couple failures


Not too bad looking, but I realized how big of a pain the bow would be to reinforce so I took it apart.

ImageBetter, but it still didn’t turn out right. I did not weave the gunwale (the part next to the ground) enough, so when I took this out of the ground it kind of just flopped apart. I tried once more but pieces kept popping out so I tore it apart. I *think* there are enough pieces to try again. Still infuriating at times. I put on a show for the neighbors cussing and throwing bamboo around sigh. 

Yes, I am literally reinventing the boat. The second design is known as a coracle.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s