I already mentioned my walk or bike (haven’t decided) on the C&O canal. It should start next week after a psychiatrist appointment. A couple days ago I set about planning my pack, so here you see the result:
- The main pack with my sleep mat sits to the left. A sleep mat works great to keep you off the cold ground. Last summer during a cold rain I also used it as a wind/rain blocker
- A couple (pink) blankets instead of a sleeping bag. If those are not warm enough, I also have the
- thermals and a down coat with a few extra pairs of
- boxers and
- socks (not pictured)
- The poncho will act as my tent and as general waterproofing
- Tent stakes lay next to the poncho
Other things not pictured:
- In a plastic zip bag:
- misc: toothbrush, newspaper, etc
- granola bars
- mixed nuts
- 20-something ounce steel bottle.
- 50ft of rope
Of course, you probably notice my lack of food. Well, yes. The trail runs through multiple decent-sized towns, so I’m not really worried about starving. I am, however, worried about having a heavy load, so lack of food works out better.