Catbirds built a nest in a bush right near the compost, and despite watching them from egg to about the stage pictured, I only took one picture; every time I walked out there the parents flew away so I figured better disturb the place as little as possible. And today I finished splitting that log into quarters, maybe 3 hours of work. A lot of that work came from trying to hammer the wedge in far enough so that it will stand on its own. Most of the time I sat on the log and propped the wedge between my legs and used both hands to control the head, but now I’ve developed enough forearm strength to swing. Basically I rock the hammer away from the log, then back and up so momentum does some of the work.
As far as jeans, I made another pair for my dad and ordered more 55/45 hemp/cotton fabric. Here having friends would help for the sake of testing.
I’m considering just doing away with this generic pattern stuff and asking that people get all the measurements by going to a tailor (for online sales, anyway). Even with a generic pattern I need an accurate waist and outseam measurement as well as height to gauge the rise, and, well, so many things could turn out wrong.