After fiddling with the prototype in the previous post for hours, I put the alterations to paper. The blue lines on the left and right patterns indicate the cut for a more form-fitting tuxedo or a “two” button jacket. The blue line on the sleeve pattern–center–shows how much I cut from the original draft, over three inches at the elbow. I also enlarged the arm hole because I felt the original size would chafe at the armpit. Adding the alterations back to paper proved difficult because the fabric warped from wear, so I couldn’t just lay it back on and trace. Doing a decent job of it means measuring and double-checking as with anything else.